The ideal candidate will be contributing to the frameworks and architectures of the platform as they continue to grow and evolve, ensuring that all systems are, scalable, secure, performant, and extendible.
- Receiving and curating requirements with key stakeholders into engineering features to produce production-grade software that will facilitate near real-time, global-scale operations.
- Producing testable code for each feature release.
- Being part of design discussions to solve interesting problems using your skills in algorithms, software, and systems designs.
- Building out API interfaces to integrate with both internal and external systems
- Contributing to the design of both relational and NoSQL databases and the data architecture in general.
- Contributing to technical knowledge bases.
- Learning new and pertinent technologies as required to be implemented in new features
- Working in an agile team; being part of releasing software iteratively.
- Well versed in data structures, algorithms, and algorithmic efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Python, Flask, and at least one other programming language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered in live environments
- Experience with shell scripting on Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and a strong focus on clean code and robust design.
- Experience with relational/non-relational databases and data model design
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- An understanding of object-oriented analysis & design and design patterns