The client is a Dubai Government-funded startup. It intends to be the dominant B2B marketplace for the MENA region and is seeking to simplify and enhance digital B2B trade through a centralised, digital and safe procurement platform tailored for buyers and sellers. It will offer value-added services that will include finance, insurance, contracts, escrow accounts, logistics, inspection and customs clearance. It will offer multiple categories ranging from office supplies, food and beverage, fashion, packaging, electronics to industry materials and machinery.
Working closely with the Brand Marketing team, the Sr Graphic Designer will be responsible for crafting creative concepts and designs that help drive action and build an emotional connection with our target audience. The Senior Graphic Designer reports into the Head of Brand Marketing and offline channels that are consistent with the brand image and guidelines and deliver to business objectives.
- Preparing initial design options, presenting ideas, and managing implementation of feedback and final approval and delivery of artwork
- Managing the design production by facilitating the retouching, purchasing of images/footage as needed
- Coordinating with external parties like print shops / outside agencies /art services to ensure the high-quality output and accuracy in brand colors and guidelines
- Providing support to ad-hoc brand marketing and internal design requests
- Managing creative traffic and output. Scoping creative briefs, scheduling projects and defining timelines and budget constraints
- Contributing to establishing the look and feel of the brand which includes exploring applications of brand elements and styles including colors, layouts, typography and visual language
- Acting as brand guardian, sharing proactive ideas and identifying opportunities to reinforce brand image and positioning
- Building strong collaborative partnerships working closely with the creative team, brand management, public relations, digital performance, business growth, category management, finance and third-party suppliers
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design / Fine Arts or related field
- 5+ years of graphic design experience ideally client-side at a digitally led brand or in the creative team of an exceptional agency
- Ability to work with complexity and uncertainty with outstanding organizational skills and strong time management
- Ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- Great eye for typography, colour, layout, brand systems, graphic fundamentals for print, outdoor and the web alike
- Solid knowledge of technical specifications for artwork on online and offline channels