The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and activating the full marketing mix necessary to maximize the profitable growth of the brand. You should have the strategic vision necessary to advise on strategic decisions key for the brand as well as to actually take certain of these decisions autonomously.
- Evaluate, negotiate fees, and develop relationships with external agencies for media, creative and PR. Terminate agencies if necessary
- Issue high-quality creative briefs for the agency to work from
- Finalize annual budgets and ensure spends are within budgets
- Manage the creation of appropriate consumer communication strategies, creating above-the-line advertising and catalogs
- Implement above and below the line brand plans including PR, events, and in-store communication
- Adjust brand plans in the light of new category understanding, competitor activity, or changes in business group strategy
- Work with Sales Teams, Product Manager, Design team, and Visual Merchandising Managers to ensure marketing plans are implemented down to individual store level
- Maintain brand architecture, brand identity, and brand values
- Ensure all communication – catalogs, advertising, and in-store communication are styled in line with the brand essence and exude the brand personality.
- Brief all media requirements to the agency
- Development of media brief/media plan
- Assimilate and interpret the brand health check and other quantitative data
- Visit the stores regularly to see the customers and receive feedback on POS materials
- 8 to 10 years of experience in a similar environment
- 3 to 4 years of experience in people management
- A Bachelors degree is a must – an MBA would be a plus
- Proficient in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Creative, analytical, and possesses excellent project management skills
- Strategically and tactically minded
- Confirmed leadership skills with substantial mentoring and counseling skills.
- A confident and accomplished speaker