The client is a Dubai Government-funded startup. It intends to be the dominant B2B marketplace for the MENA region and is seeking to simplify and enhance digital B2B trade through a centralised, digital and safe procurement platform tailored for buyers and sellers. It will offer value-added services that will include finance, insurance, contracts, escrow accounts, logistics, inspection and customs clearance. It will offer multiple categories ranging from office supplies, food and beverage, fashion, packaging, electronics to industry materials and machinery.
We are currently seeking a Key Account Manager to focus on the HORECA market as part of our dynamic sales team.
The Key Account Manager will build the customer base of clients. He/she will own the relationship with clients within HORECA (Major and medium). Will ensure the delivery of exceptional operational, commercial and customer Service.
- Has a thorough knowledge of HORECA market in UAE, including knowledge of main customers, their internal dynamics, supply chain requirements and decision-making processes.
- Has a thorough knowledge of local Food & Beverage distributors, their products/brands in multiple categories, including knowledge of their business models, sales strategies and customer acquisition processes.
- Establish senior level contact with existing clients to maintain and build future relationships within the territory assigned. Candidate must have strong territorial management skills, along with establishing new clients through cold calling, research and networking within the assigned territory.
- Must be technically competent to understand applications as well as problem solver for customer’s issues. The candidate must possess the skills to access the customers’ needs and solution sell. Must have the ability to probe, question, and gather specific information about the customer, his needs and track the information for short and long term.
- Self-starter who understands territory management, time management and has strong customer service skills and is self-motivated.
- Work closely with management to ensure company goals and objectives are being met within the territory. In addition, relay competitive information and new market or product requirements to grow and maintain reputation as a leader in our field.
- To represent the client in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally. To follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures. Be an ambassador for the businesses.
- 6 to 10 years sales experience in Foodservice / Horeca Market, either for an F&B Distributor or a Global F&B Brand’s UAE office.
- Must be computer literate and have experience working with Microsoft programs.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, and familiar with tooling applications within the industries listed.
- Must be experienced in forecasting, budgeting, and developing a territory with little supervision. Candidate will be held accountable for the financial results of the assigned territory.
- Candidate should be versatile to be a “hands-on” salesperson when needed and be able to conduct presentations to upper level personnel when required.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and be a strong problem solver.
- Ability to compose quotations and generate correspondence to customers, end users, and representatives that conforms to a prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and public groups when required.
- Tech-savvy with understanding of E-Commerce platforms.
- Must be an experienced driver with a valid UAE driver’s license.