We’re looking for a Head of Product Design to lead our talented product design team. In this role, you will drive the product design vision for all our products and be responsible for making sure we have the team, processes and strategy in place for building a world class, delightful user experience for our users.
You’ll manage and mentor a small team of designers & researchers across UAE & Egypt. You’ll champion visually appealing yet incredibly powerful functional design that allows my client to offer a solid user experience across all platforms. You’ll also enjoy getting your hands dirty leading projects, pushing pixels to help inspire your team and contributing to the overall Product Design team.
- Lead, hire and mentor the product design team as we grow quickly.
- Own the end-to-end design process of the team to drive high-velocity high-quality product design.
- Build a strong user/customer research program to validate problems and solutions.
- Be an advocate for breathtaking and elegant experiences.
- Promote new, modern design standards and patterns.
- Lead design team reviews.
- Champion great UX in the face of technical constraints
- Work collaboratively with product managers and engineering to realize your vision
- Deliver a constant focus on improvement. Leverage metrics, user testing, innovative design-thinking to guide your leading design decisions.
- Effective collaboration with multi-disciplined teams.
- 6 to 8 years of designing marketplace e-commerce products for mobile & web. Experience with B2B products will be a strong plus.
- A track record of leading and inspiring design teams.
- Experience setting up user research programs and testing methodologies that drive design decisions.
- Excellent understanding of lean product development and agile engineering methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban
- A commitment to brilliant experiences and top quality design
- The ability to draft a product design vision and communicate it effectively across the organization
- Ability to go up-down-across. You will set and deliver the product design vision, align teams on common standards and patterns, but also get into the details to be passionate about the pixel-perfect outcomes.
- An online portfolio which demonstrates your results, your process, and way of thinking about user experience and product design