The client is a local conglomerate based in the UAE. The role involves overseeing the smooth, efficient running of the business. Develop and enhance existing / new clients across the travel and tourism channels, enhance efficiency, drive sales importantly improve the revenue & profits across the region. Manage the P&L and demonstrate commercial traits to push the business forward and identify new business.
- Enhance the relationship with the Global Service Agents.
- Setting objectives for the business
- Identify business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities.
- Maintain, supervise the financial records and provide sales reports to Deputy Chairman.
- Develop and implement the sales and marketing plan.
- Develop and implement effective business strategies, programs, improving service, ensure sustainability and meeting business objectives.
- Motivate, manage and train key team members to achieve the job targets / objectives.
- Actively involved in strategic alliances by building and maintaining excellent relationships with key clientele.
- Research and identify growth opportunities.
- Other common roles and duties for such a position in a relevant field.
- Comply with all the Company’s Policies, Manuals and Procedures.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as General Manager for Travel & Tours in UAE or a similar field
- Master’s degree in Business Management is essential.
- Ability to maintain good contacts in many places in order to get to know the latest developments in the travel and tourism industry.
- Ability to keep up to date with the developments of new tourist and travel locations.
- Excellent analytical, researching anddecision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take good decisions based on judgment are absolutely essential.
- Good management and coordination skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Travel & Tourism from an accredited college or university or any other relevant field.