Our client is looking for a General Manager to scale their KSA business across all core functions. You will be responsible for anything that touches their KSA operation and will be the key driving force behind their KSA team.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, ‘out of box thinker, who has worked in the payments and financial services industry and will do what it takes to make sure our client is successful. Experience in building new relationships with Financial Institutions whilst working as a Consultant is essential for this role. You must have a strong network across the Middle East with Banking partners to help the business scale. We are especially looking for candidates who have strong networks in the UAE and Saudi banks.
- You will be the key driving force behind the KSA Business
- Managing the launch of KSA new products
- Liaising with Co-Founders and HQ to ensure alignment and direction
- Build and scale their KSA team and operations
- Manage our most strategically important partnership opportunities, both existing and new, and act as the main point of contact
- Understand the competitive landscape and conduct market research in the Middle East region to ensure that the business maintains its position as a BNPL leader
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Position yourself as an industry thought leader and establish relationships with key banks and FI in the Middle East
- Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives
- Manage complex projects and coordinate new & existing product support across numerous stakeholders from operations, commercial, product, engineering, & finance
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement.
- Familiarity with the KSA market for a substantial period of time
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- You are an exceptional communicator – being able to connect with people at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and communicate project expectations effectively is critical
- You thrive under pressure – and work well with constant change and the ambiguity of a startup environment
- Proven experience in a managerial role with a consulting background.
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- You have strong negotiation skills – to navigate complex commercial discussions to ensure the best outcome.
- You enjoy making an impact – to create traction in this important market to contribute towards the business’ purpose to change the point-of-sale financing forever in the MENA region
- You’re a team player – work cohesively with colleagues from across the organization and be able to inspire a shared vision