- Responsible for establishing the technology infrastructure vision and leading all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Develops technology strategy, including effective information management and reporting, products & solutions support, web presence/services, and ICT infrastructure to stay at the forefront of the business.
- Conducts long-range planning, develops & oversees the implementation of multi-year IT strategic plans with supporting business cases detailing investment requirements.
- Directs and manages computing and information technology plans, policies, programs, schedules, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Continuously identifies areas of cost optimization/rationalization through prudent technology spending and innovative technology standardization efforts.
- Responsible for optimizing and managing the technology network in a manner it delivers high efficiency with sufficient resilience.
- Reviews, negotiate and approve proposals and contracts for the purchase of IT products and services
- Ensures backup is established for all application systems to provide business continuity of IT services with minimum disruption in the event of contingencies.
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate security controls for technology solutions, information, and data of the company.
- Establish strategic relationships with External Agencies and service providers based on service availability and value proposition. Establish robust Vendor Governance. Periodically monitor their performance for SLA compliance
- Keep abreast of IT developments and emerging technologies to evaluate and implement appropriate, innovative, and cost-effective solutions to achieve competitive excellence.
- Interfaces with other industry-leading organizations and individuals to maintain state-of-the-art product capabilities & technology offerings.
- A degree in business or technology related subject
- Overall, 20 plus years experience with a minimum of 5 years experience in a CTO/Head of Technology role in a large, multi-national, multi-cultural organization.
- Significant change management experience in either turnaround or fast-growth situations, both on the IT side and in a consumer, company setting