The client is a multi-platform, Arabic-language news service. The platform will provide Arabic-speaking audiences around the world with news
- Create the audience insight strategy and plan, managing all the core insight tools and be responsible for the relationships with external agencies and vendors
- Develop insights across Asharq’s commercial news business.
- Engage and work with senior stakeholders within the Advertising Sales team, you will be responsible for creating commercial opportunities through new and existing research, presenting compelling sales arguments that empower the sales team to drive commercial revenues.
- Influence a variety of senior stakeholders from editorial, product, strategy and comms
- Help drive a consumer-centric culture and ensuring insights are an integral source of decision making within the organization.
- Develop fact and hypothesis driven analysis on competitors’ strategy, track consumer trends (across region) offering a 360 view of customers, competitors and marketplace
- Minimum 7 years experience in a leading Insight/Research role and/or Strategy Consulting practice
- Broadcast media experience in marketing or strategy capacity required
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to build credibility at all levels in the organization
- Hands on experience of a wide range of research techniques and concepts
- Marketing experience in the Arab world an added advantage
- Insuring audiences are at the forefront of decision-making at a strategic level for both the editorial and commercial parts of the business
- Industry expert on the role of news in the lives of audiences