Our client is a leading financial services brand that offers a full suite of diversified and innovative financial solutions.
- Ensure that the business operations in the assigned geographies are legally compliant and that all legal risks are identified & accounted for
- Provide advice on the legal aspects concerning the company operations including business licenses, employment laws, benefit systems, etc.
- Monitor, evaluate and advice on the laws and regulations concerning business and any changes thereto, its impact on the business and other regulatory aspects
- Ensure steps are taken to adequately protect the legal interests of the business in disputes and litigation
- Co-ordinate, follow-up, participate (where required) and maintain records in dispute resolution and litigation matters concerning the business
- Monitor and maintain record of activities of external law firms while they represent the company in various legal cases before courts, other tribunals, law enforcement agencies etc.
- Ensure that new business/products are launched and operating in markets in a legally compliant manner, with necessary approvals and with minimum legal risk to the entity and its stakeholders
- Draft / Review proposals, correspondences to various government bodies, regulatory authorities, judicial/ quasi-judicial bodies, etc. seeking various approvals on new business and products to be launched
- Liaise with external consultants appointed for setting up new ventures/ companies in new markets
- Monitor and maintain record of activities undertaken by the consultants
- Ensure that all work assigned are performed and completed at the appropriate time as per instructions of Reporting Head; Maintain records of all work undertaken by the Department
- Law Degree from a recognised university.
- Should have at least 6 years corporate experience in a MNC or a reputed law firm
- At least two (2) year litigation experience with fair knowledge on court procedures
- Should have good understanding of common law and exposure to international business and commercial laws
- Should have good understanding on company law, labour law matters and on the formalities of setting up new companies
- Excellent organising and prioritisation skills, with the ability to manage several cases concurrently
- English reading, comprehension and communication of a high order
- Comprehensive report drafting skills
- Arabic speaking with local experience is a MUST